Delhi Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthana IPS, Wikipedia, Wife, Twitter, Date of Birth, Daughter, Salary, Current Posting
Rakesh Asthana (born 9 July 1961) is an Indian Police Service officer of the 1984 batch of Gujarat cadre who served as the Special Director at the Central Bureau of Investigation. In July 2021, he was appointed as Police Commissioner of Delhi.
Early life and education
Rakesh Asthana was educated at Netarhat Residential School, Netarhat and at the St. John’s College, Agra. In July 2021, Asthana was appointed as the new Delhi Police Commissioner.
Rakesh Asthana was given the responsibility to investigate the Fodder Scam, a corruption scandal that involved the embezzlement of about ₹9.4 billion (equivalent to ₹34 million or US$540 million in 2017) from the government treasury of the eastern Indian state of Bihar He filed a charge sheet against Lalu Prasad Yadav in 1996. Lalu was arrested for the first time in 1997.
Asthana caught DGMS Director General taking bribes in Dhanbad. By that time, this was the first case of its kind in the whole country, when the officers of the Director-General had come under arrest.
Rakesh was given the responsibility of investigating the bomb blast on July 26, 2008 in Ahmedabad. He had settled the case within 22 days. Asthana had also examined the case of Asaram Bapu and his son Narayan Sai. The absconding Narayan Sai was caught on the Haryana-Delhi border.
Delhi Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthana News
- दिल्ली पुलिस कमिश्नर: 22 साल पहले अजय राज शर्मा और अब राकेश अस्थाना के आयुक्त बनने की कहानी! : Amarujala.com
- Gujarat-cadre IPS officer Rakesh Asthana takes charges as Delhi Police commissioner: timesofindia.com
- Rakesh Asthana, Ex-CBI Officer, Takes Over As Delhi Police Commissioner : NDTV.com
- Exclusive: Rakesh Asthana appointed Delhi Police Commissioner – hindustantimes.com
- राकेश अस्थाना: चारा घोटाला-सुशांत केस और CBI विवाद, हमेशा सुर्खियों में रहे हैं दिल्ली पुलिस के नए कमिश्नर : aajtak.in
- गुजरात कैडर के IPS Rakesh Asthana बने दिल्ली के पुलिस कमिश्नर, 3 दिन बाद होना था रिटायर : zeenews.com