Health insurance plans for family
Health insurance plans for family
Health Insurance Plans for Family
The financial security of your family is essential to afford medical care today. Family health insurance provides coverage to your entire family against medical expenses incurred during an emergency on an individual or floater sum insured basis. Policybazaar.com offers a variety of family health insurance plans with impressive benefits, a large network of cashless hospitals and quick claim settlement.
What is Family Health Insurance?
A family health insurance plan is a kind of medical insurance that covers all your family members in a single health insurance policy. Under this plan, a fixed sum insured is shared by all family members with an assumption that not everyone will get sick at the same time. Most family health insurance plans offer cashless hospitalization facilities, maternity benefits and cover pre & post hospitalization as well.
What is covered in a Family Health Insurance Plan?
Take a look at the most common coverage available under family health insurance plans:
- In-patient Hospitalization Expenses– Any medical expenses incurred on hospitalization of more than 24 hours due to an illness or accidental injury is covered.
- Day Care Procedures– It covers the cost of day care procedures that require hospitalization of less than 24 hours.
- Ambulance Charges– The expenses incurred on availing ambulance services to the hospital during a medical emergency is covered.
- Pre and Post-Hospitalization Expenses –The medical expenses incurred before hospitalization (medical investigation, tests, etc.) and after discharge (follow-up consultation, etc.) is also covered up to a certain number of days.
- Maternity Cover– Most family health insurance plans come with maternity cover that covers pregnancy-related expenses and newborn baby expenses.
- Organ Donor Expenses– It covers the cost of harvesting an organ and donor-related expenses in case of an organ transplant.
- AYUSH Treatment– Any hospitalization expenses incurred to avail treatment through Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Yoga, Siddha and Unani are covered.
- Domiciliary Treatment– It pays for the medical expenses incurred on availing treatment at home on the advice of a doctor.
- Daily Cash Allowance– A daily hospital cash allowance is provided to the policyholder to cover day-to-day incidental expenses during hospitalization.
- Mental Illness Cover– Most family health insurance plans provide coverage for mental diseases, such as depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, etc.
Family health insurance
Family health insurance plans are health plans that cover the entire family. As opposed to individual plans, the family plan provides cover to every member of your family on a single premium. This implies that you do not have to pay separate premiums for each individual, regardless of their age.
The premium of a Rs 10 lakh health insurance policy for a family of four members can range from Rs 858 per month to Rs 2769 per month depending on factors, such as age, medical history, no claim bonus, etc.
List of 5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India for Middle-Class Family in 2022
- HDFC ERGO my health Suraksha – Gold Smart Plan.
- Max Bupa Health Companion Individual.
- Star Health Family Health Optima.
- Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater Insurance Plan.
- Care Health Plan.
What are the 2 most common health insurance plans?
Here are the three most common types of health insurance plans along with what to consider for each.
- HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATION (HMO) …
- PREFERRED PROVIDER ORGANIZATION (PPO) …
- HIGH-DEDUCTIBLE HEALTH PLAN (HDHP) WITH A HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT (HSA)