More than 41 crore people have benefited from Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY). The total number of Jan Dhan accounts increased to 41.75 crores under this scheme promoting financial inclusion.
The Lucknow First, Lucknow: If you have opened a Jandhan Account under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana, then this news is of your use. In fact, the government has asked the banks to link all the accounts with the customers’ Aadhaar by 31 March 2021. The government said that on March 31, where PAN is necessary and appropriate in every account, PAN should be there and the basis is for every account. If you have a Jan Dhan account, then link your bank account to Aadhaar, otherwise you will not be able to take the benefit of 2.30 lakh rupees.More than 41 crore people have benefited from Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY). The total number of Jan Dhan accounts increased to 41.75 crores under this scheme promoting financial inclusion. Let us know that in 2014, in his Independence Day address, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had announced the launch of Jan Dhan Yojana. The scheme was launched on August 28 of the same year.
Get insurance of 2.30 lakhs
- RuPay card is provided along with overdraft facility in Jan Dhan account.
- On this debit card, Rs 1 lakh is found in Accident Insurance free.
- At the same time, the accident insurance on open Jan Dhan accounts has been increased to Rs 2 lakh after 28.8.2018.
- Apart from this, a free life insurance cover of Rs 30,000 is available on this card.
- This insurance will be available to those Jan Dhan account holders who have opened accounts between 15.8.2014 to 31.1.2015.
Link such Jan Dhan account with Aadhaar
- If you want to link Aadhaar to your bank account online, then it is necessary for you to be active for that bank.
- If your net banking is active, then log your net banking.
- After logging in you will get the option to link the Aadhaar number.
- If you do not use net banking, you can go to the bank and link the account with Aadhaar.
- Where you have to take a photo copy of Aadhaar card, your passbook.
- Many banks are now linking the account with Aadhaar through messages too.
Documents required for opening a Jan Dhan account
- For opening Jan Dhan account, you can also submit documents fulfilling the requirement of KYC including Aadhar card, passport, driving license.
- If you do not have documents, you can open a small account.
- In this, you have to fill the self-attested photograph and your signature in front of the bank officer.
- You do not have to pay any fees or charges for opening a Jan Dhan account.
- Anyone aged 10 years or more can open this account.