Phd NIT Jamshedpur admission 2021-22 Program Admission 2021 Dates, Eligibility, Application Form
Ph.D. Admissions 2021 at NIT Jamshedpur: Apply by June 21 . NIT Jamshedpur PhD Admission 2021 – National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jamshedpur invites applications for admission to Full Time/Part time Research Scholar for PhD Program offered by various departments ( admission 2021-22) of the Institute for the Autumn Semester 2021-22.
About NIT Jamshedpur. & nit jamshedpur phd admission 2021-22
The National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur invites applications from motivated candidates for admission into its Ph.D. Program for the academic session 2021-22.
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Jamshedpur is an Institution of National Importance set up by an Act of Parliament (Act 29 of 2007) namely, the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007. As per the provisions of the said Act, NIT Jamshedpur offers academic programs: B. Tech. (Hons.), M. Tech., MCA, M. Sc., and Ph.D. in various disciplines. NIT Jamshedpur has well qualified and experienced faculty and dedicated supporting staff.
Departments : NIT Jamshedpur PhD online
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Applications
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Humanities, Social Sciences, and Management
Admission Categories : NIT Jamshedpur PhD 2021
- Institute Research Scholars (Full Time): Candidates under this category are entitled to a fellowship from the Institute as per MHRD norms. The candidate must have qualified GATE/ NET or any other equivalent test recognized by MHRD for the award of the fellowship.
- Sponsored Research Scholars (Full Time): Candidates under this category receive financial support from AICTE under the QIP scheme or from Government Institutes/organizations under study leave. Foreign students shall be sponsored by their Government or awarded a scholarship by Govt. of India, ICCR, or other such organizations/ agencies.
- Self-Financed Research Scholars (Full Time): Candidates under this category are those who support themselves or receive a fellowship from other agencies such as UGC, CSIR, DST, JEST, etc.
- Self Financed Research Scholars (Part-Time): Research scholars under this category shall be persons employed in Industries/ R&D organizations/Institutions. They shall be required to furnish a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer.
- Faculty/ Staff/ Sponsored Project Fellow of N.I.T. Jamshedpur (Part-Time): Regular faculty members, regular staff members, and sponsored project fellows of N.I.T. Jamshedpur are eligible for admission to Ph. D program in concerned Departments.
- External Registration Program (Executive Ph.D.): Regular working personnel of Defence/ R&D/ Listed reputed companies with at least three years of experience is eligible for admission to the Ph.D. program in concerned Departments. They shall be required to furnish a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer. However, they need not attend classes at the institute
Master Degree in relevant branch of Engineering/ Technology with minimum 60% marks or equivalent CPI 6.5 OR Bachelor’s degree in relevant branch of Engineering/ Technology with minimum 80 % marks or equivalent CPI 8.5.
NIT Jamshedpur PhD Fee Structure
|Details||1st Year||2nd Year||3rd Year||4th Year|
|Tuition Fees||INR 7,500||INR 7,500||INR 7,500||INR 7,500|
|Other Fees||INR 33,000||INR 21,000||INR 21,000||INR 21,000|
|Total Fees||INR 1.56 Lakhs|
For Ph.D. in Sciences, Computer Applications, Humanities Social Sciences & Management
Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with a minimum 60% marks or equivalent CPI 6.5 OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology with minimum 80 % marks or equivalent CPI 8.5.
Selection Procedure : nit jamshedpur phd admission 2021-22
The selection procedure for admission to the Ph.D. program is based on consistently good academic records, written tests, and interviews conducted by the Department. Reservations for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ EWS are applicable as per GOI norms.
NIT Jamshedpur PhD Financial Assistance
Institute research scholarship is available to full-time research scholars (RS) who are not receiving any financial support from other agencies or State or Central government. They are required to assist the Department in academic work for at least 8 hours per week as per guidelines issued by MHRD. Govt. of India in addition to satisfying other conditions for award of/ renewal of the research scholarship.
The present rates of research scholarship is as follows:
|Qualification||1st and 2nd Year||3rd and 4th year|
|M. Tech./ ME||INR 25,000/- per month||INR 28,000/- per month|
|M. Sc./ MCA/ MBA/ Other Master’s Degree||INR 25,000/- per month||INR 28,000/-per month|
|B. Tech./ BE||INR 25,000/- per month||INR 28,000/-per month|
How to Apply? In NIT PhD Admission January 2021
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here.
Candidates need to pay an online application fee of Rs. 1000/- (for OPEN/ OBC/ EWS candidates and Rs. 500/- in the case of SC/ ST/ PWD candidates). No separate interview letter/ communication will be sent to any individual. All candidates selected for admission shall be required to deposit the Institute fee at the time of admission. The last date to apply is June 20, 2021.