ven as the Tier-1 cities in the country are bullish on hiring, the State Capital city is yet to carve a niche among the top recruiter cities in the country.
The employment outlook report for the second quarter released by Teamlease shows that after metros and Tier-1 cities, the Tier-2 cities are bullish on hiring in the current year. When around 49 percent of recruiters are showing intent to hire in the current financial year, the number for Tier 2 cities have been 38 percent.
Though two cities from Odisha -Bhubaneswar and Cuttack – are in the Tier -2 category, Cuttack is nowhere in the employment creation map; Bhubaneswar failed to make it into the top-15. And the hiring intent in the Odisha capital is only in single digits.
However, Indore, a Tier 2 city, figures prominently in the top-15 cities that go ballistic in giving job opportunities to the youths in the country.
Searching Jobs – Check Out The Positions
Are you a fresher? Take heart. Employers show an encouraging trend to hire freshers. During the second quarter of the current financial year, 28 percent of employers bet on freshers.
However, the biggest hiring intent in the country is for employees at the junior level position. Among all the levels of position, employers in the country have been bullish in hiring at the junior level.
As per the Teamlease report, the hiring intent at the junior level in the country is highest at 32 per cent during the second quarter of the year 2021-22. The intent has moved up by 4 percent.
However, if you are searching job at mid-level or senior positions, the outlook is not that enthusing. The hiring intent by employers has been comparatively subdued. The hiring in the second quarter dropped by 4 percent and 2 percent, respectively.
The above data shows mid-level jobs are not going to mushroom in the country in the coming months.
Top-15 Big Hiring Cities: The Rosy Sectors
The hiring intent in the healthcare and pharma sector in the country is very high in the second quarter of the FY ended on Sept 30. Nearly 60 percent of employers are for hiring new recruits in the healthcare and pharma sector.
- The IT sector is back into job creation. A high of 58 percent IT firms bet on new recruitment this year.
- With the economy bouncing back, the FMCG gains the most. From around 46 per cent firms going for new recruitment in the first quarter, the hiring intent increased to 51 percent in the second quarter.
- Retail sector has also been back in business. the hiring intent is up by 11 percent.
- Logistics is also high in hiring spree. The intent is up by 8 percent.
- Manufacturing, engineering and Infra are also betting on higher recruitment.
Top-15 Big Hiring Cities : The Downturn Sectors
- Fast-moving consumer durables (electronic sector) lying low in hiring.
- Knowledge process outsourcing hiring intent is subdued.
- Telecom, power and energy, construction etc are poor in hiring this year.
- Hiring intent is low in financial services.
The Job Cities