WhatsApp Web: In January 2015, WhatsApp introduced a web version that allowed users to access WhatsApp communication from a computer or laptop called Whatsapp Web. Since that time, this feature has shown an increase in popularity with each passing day. The web client has been trendy because users have been using it as an alternative to e-mail to share documents, transfer information, and message professionals more quickly and effectively.
It is not the user interface of the web version that is lacking. Instead, it functions as an extension of an application that a person can use on their mobile phone to manage data (messages, contacts, images) and display the same data. You will learn about some of the exciting features available in WhatsApp Web in this guide, as we’re showing you how to use the web client in the best and most efficient way.
On 21 January 2015, Facebook launched WhatsApp web, a desktop version of WhatsApp Messenger that is only available for Android, Blackberry, and Windows phones. The company later launched it for users of iPhones and Nokias as well as Android. The latest version of WhatsApp Messenger can also be operated on a computer or a laptop.
WhatsApp Messenger on a browser is a new feature that Whatsapp has developed and allows browsing with WhatsApp. It is not necessary to download any app to use this service. Also, it provides a convenient way for users to send and receive instant messages directly from their browsers.
How does WhatsApp Web work?
There are not all the features that are available on the mobile app on WhatsApp Web. The mobile app is necessary to function – in fact, it cannot function without it. Connecting to and using WhatsApp Web will require you to have your phone available.
Essentially, this is a clone of your mobile device. You’ll be notified of incoming messages on WhatsApp Web as soon as they reach your phone. You won’t see a message on WhatsApp Web if your phone does not have a connection or is switched off or does not have a connection while you are offline.
While this makes WhatsApp less suitable than other chat apps, it also allows WhatsApp Web to be more secure than other chat apps in some cases.
What is the location of the WhatsApp Web QR Code?
- It is possible to add contacts to Whatsapp by scanning a Whatsapp QR code which can be made available to your friends and family.
- If you reset your Whatsapp account or remove your Whatsapp account, your Whatsapp account will not expire. You should only share your QR code with individuals who you trust.
- The Whatsapp QR code could also be forwarded to other people, who could scan it to add you as a contact. That way, they could immediately exchange messages with you.
- Open the WhatsApp application on your mobile device.
- On your screen, you will see a vertical bar with three dots. Tap on the bar to open more options.
- Click on the settings button now
- Next, tap the QR icon beside your name.
What you need for WhatsApp Web
- A WhatsApp account is required to use WhatsApp.
- Internet access must be available on both the computer and the mobile device.
- Your computer or laptop should have the most recent version of your browser.
Setting Up WhatsApp Web
You can easily set up WhatsApp Web once these elements are available:
- If you’re using a PC, open your browser and go to web.whatsapp.com.
- To connect to WhatsApp Web, you will see a QR code you need to scan.
- You may access the QR code scanner from the WhatsApp mobile app by tapping Menu > WhatsApp at the top of the screen
- The QR code will appear on the PC screen when the rear camera of your phone is pointed at it.
Within seconds of scanning the QR code, WhatsApp Web will automatically connect your phone to your PC. There will be instant sync between WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp mobile. As soon as you have connected WhatsApp to your computer, you will begin using it online.
List of things you can do with WhatsApp Web
- Typing should be done with your keyboard.
- In-line access to multimedia (photos, videos, audio) is available. In addition to downloading any media right to your PC, you can also play any of the videos. As a result, if you wish to download all media files simultaneously, you must click on each one individually.
- You can watch videos on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube without leaving the chat window with Picture-in-Picture.
- A new conversation can be started with any contact, or existing conversations can be found by searching.
- See contact information.
- Start a new group chat, talk in group chats, and view information about the group.
- Your phone can be connected to multiple computers and keep all the saved settings for you to use in the future. Any browser that is linked to your phone can also be remotely disconnected.
- Make desktop sounds and alerts audibly or not.
- You can share photos and videos, documents, and contacts with your friends and family.
- Emojis, GIFs, stickers, and voice notes can all be sent, along with emojis.
- It is possible to view the status update of contact on WhatsApp.
- Multiple messages can be selected, and the messages can be cleared.
- Messages can be replied to, forwarded, starred, or deleted.
- You can edit your profile by going to your profile page.
Here are a few things you can’t do with WhatsApp Web
- The WhatsApp Broadcast function can’t be used to broadcast information.
- As with your voice and video calls with WhatsApp, you cannot make or receive them.
- The status of your WhatsApp account cannot be updated.
- The current location of your device can’t be shared or mapped.
- There is no option to change the settings for media downloads, so all photos and videos that you receive will automatically be downloaded to your computer.
- The fact is that you cannot use more than one browser at once. The phone can support several browsers/PCs, but only one can be used at a time.
- It is possible to set a wallpaper for chats and notifications through WhatsApp.
What is the best way to connect WhatsApp to my laptop?
- To access the desktop on your computer, you can open any browser and follow the steps described above.
- There are two types of WhatsApp web downloads:
- WhatsApp Web is a browser-based application of the popular messaging service Whatsapp.
- The WhatsApp Desktop application can be downloaded onto the computer, and it allows you to send and receive messages.
- Please click on https://www.whatsapp.com/download/ when you are on your computer’s browser and download the .exe or .dmg files from the Whatsapp website.
- You can begin the installation process as soon as the download has been completed. Open the .exe or .dmg file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- To access the os, you will need Windows 8.1 or a newer version of the operating system, as well as macOS 10.10.
Logging out of WhatsApp Web
On your computer, if you are using WhatsApp Web, you can remain logged in even when you aren’t using it anymore. It is very convenient.
You should never forget to log out of WhatsApp after you have finished using it on someone’s computer if you are using it on someone else’s computer. I would recommend using both the mobile app as well as the computer to do this.
- On your computer, click the Menu button > Logout option to log out of WhatsApp Web.
- Go to Menu > WhatsApp Web > Log out of all devices from your phone if you would like to log out of WhatsApp Web through your phone. As the name implies, it will close WhatsApp Web from every computer you are logged in to.
Using the Web QR Code to scan the WhatsApp Web QR Code will require rerunning the scan once logged out.
WhatsApp Web: Is it safe?
As a result of initial criticism about WhatsApp’s lack of security, it now boasts the ability to encrypt all of its messages end-to-end. The WhatsApp Web app is also affected by this.
If you are using WhatsApp for either your phone or through WhatsApp Web, it’s good to employ the best WhatsApp security practices and understand how secure your photos are on WhatsApp. It would help if you opened WhatsApp Web from an incognito window whenever you have to use it on a different computer, for instance.
The unique functions of WhatsApp Web
It’s easier to type on a keyboard if you need to engage in a long conversation. Moreover, WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Business work very well together, and if you want to take care of several customers at one time, you will find it convenient.
As well as using keyboard shortcuts, you can also use the mouse. For example, Ctrl + Shift + [ will take you to the previous chat, and Ctrl + Shift + ] will take you to the following conversation.
Multiple WhatsApp accounts
Some people can have two WhatsApp accounts, one associated with one number and another with another. Even if you have two computers on one computer, you can still control WhatsApp online for both.
You must open two different browsers, such as Chrome and Opera, for you to be able to use WhatsApp Web. The alternate option is to log out after one hour of using WhatsApp Web in an incognito window.
Features of WhatsApp Web
Upon scanning the QR code, you will be taken directly to the page to see your WhatsApp chat history. If you have saved your chat history, you can see it by clicking contact on the left side of the screen to open your chat and view your previous messages.
Located on the top left part of the Web page are three icons: Status, New chat, and Menu, which display a menu of options that are nested within one another. If you click on the Status option, you will be able to see all the status updates posted in your communication and reply from the reply area at the bottom of the pane.